Arbitration/Mediation Practice Areas and Representative Matters
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Chair of a three-arbitrator tribunal on a $20+ million dispute involving claims of breach of contract, misappropriations of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, and various employment issues.
- Chair of tribunal that issued a permanent injunction regarding various intellectual property issues.
- Sole arbitrator in insurance dispute between one of the world’s largest insurance companies and the United States government.
- Wing arbitrator in a complex securities case including allegations of, among other things, breaches of fiduciary duty and contract, failure to supervise, churning, unauthorized trading, lack of suitability, negligence, fraud, and violation of state Blue Sky and consumer protection laws.
- After almost 10 years of litigation, successfully mediated the settlement of a federal securities fraud class action.
- Successfully mediated over 25 employment-related cases involving claims under the FLSA, the ADA, Title VII, the New York Labor Law, and related state and federal statutes.
- Successfully mediated numerous commercial, contract, and intellectual property disputes — both domestic and international — involving businesses of various types and sizes.
- Successfully mediated an international dispute involving one of the world’s largest watch manufacturers and a competitor involving claims of trademark infringement, unfair competition and false designation of origin and false advertising under the Lanham Act, New York statutes, and common law.
- Successfully mediated an international dispute involving claims of software pirating, including claims of (1) direct copyright infringement; (2) violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act; and (3) trademark infringement and counterfeiting. Plaintiff also asserted claims against a senior executive of the defendant in his individual capacity for contributory and vicarious liability on these claims.
- Successfully mediated a dispute over the ownership of music copyrights.